SAN DIEGO, Nov. 26, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Bridgepoint Education, Inc. (NYSE: BPI) will kick off its first-ever 12 Days of Giving event on #GivingTuesday November 27. The two-week philanthropic campaign will encompass all four locations—San Diego, Phoenix, Denver, and Clinton, Iowa—and focus on the company's youth and education corporate giving mission pillars.
"It's our responsibility to extend the joy and abundance of the holiday season to those who may need some extra help this time of year," said Andrew Clark, Bridgepoint CEO. "We intend to make the 2018 giving season our biggest yet with the help of our generous employees and partners."
The 12 Days of Giving will include:
- Employee donation matching up to $5,000 to any 501C3 nonprofit organization on #GivingTuesday
- Several events with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego, including a donation drive and holiday decorating at the Clairemont branch
- Donation drive for Treasures4Teachers to collect school supplies for Phoenix teachers
- Meal distribution to the homeless in Clinton through a partnership with Share our Sandwiches
- Community cooking with Kitchens for Good to supply meals to hunger relief organizations in San Diego
- Food drive for Freezin' for Food with radio stations 1390 KCLN and MaC 94.7FM in Clinton
- Participation in Junior Achievement's Teach Day in San Diego to teach financial literacy to elementary students at Title I schools
- A family adoption and breakfast for our partner school, Valverde Elementary School, in Denver.
#GivingTuesday occurs annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. It is an international movement to highlight charitable giving at the start of the holiday season. For more information about Bridgepoint's Social Responsibility program, visit http://bridgepointeducation.com/socialresponsibility/giving_mission.htm#url.
About Bridgepoint Education
Bridgepoint Education, Inc. (NYSE:BPI) harnesses the latest technology to reimagine the modern student experience through programs, technologies, and resources representing a unique model for advancing education in the 21st century. Bridgepoint stands for greater access, social learning, and exposure to leading minds. For more information, visit www.bridgepointeducation.com or www.facebook.com/BridgepointEducation.
Contact: Lauren Coartney
858.513.9240 x11636 · email@example.com
SOURCE Bridgepoint Education, Inc.